Who We Are
Working toward a sustainable future for the Amargosa Basin through Science, Stewardship, and Advocacy.
A river in the desert.
Habitat for endangered species.
A community founded on eco-tourism.
The Amargosa Conservancy is dedicated to
working towards a sustainable future for the Amargosa Basin through science, stewardship and advocacy.
Some of the ways we try to make that vision a reality
are through the implementing points of our mission:
- Make the Amargosa a priority for government land managers, and partner with them to accomplish goals of common interest.
- Build support for the Amargosa Conservancy and its work in local communities and among others who love the Amargosa Basin.
- Facilitate community engagement in environmental policy-making and endangered species conservation.
- Promote awareness and support for conservation in the region among political leaders in California and Nevada who represent the region at the national (Congress), state (legislature), and county (supervisors) levels.
- Work toward invasive species management.
- To gather essential data to gain and disseminate a clearer understanding of the water resources of the Amargosa Basin.
- Partner with others to support economic sustainability that protects the land, water, and beauty of the Amargosa Basin.
- Protect key conservation target properties in the Conservancy’s area of interest by facilitating acquisition of conservation easements or outright purchase.
- Ensure sound organizational operations and structures.
- Work with others to address National and Regional issues which will impact the Amargosa Basin.